- Volvo’s new electric champs, the FL and FE, go the distance with a 450 km range and charge up in half the time.
- New active safety features, exceeding 2024 General Safety Regulations, with a redesigned front end, distinct LED headlights, and a refreshed interior.
- Equipped for diverse city applications and offering modern features including slim exterior mirrors, LED interior lights, a 360˚ bird’s-eye view camera, and safety system additions.
VOLVO UNVEILS UPDATED ELECTRIC TRUCKS DESIGNED FOR ZERO EMISSION CITY TRANSPORTS
Volvo has unveiled its updated electric trucks, the Volvo FL and FE, to meet the rising demand for emission-free urban transport. With an almost doubled AC charging capacity (43 kW) and improved battery packs, these trucks provide up to 450km of range on a single charge, catering to various city applications like distribution, refuse handling, and urban construction.
Safety takes the forefront in Volvo FL and FE trucks, surpassing 2024 safety regulations. Enhanced features and a redesigned, appealing look, including distinct LED headlights and an updated front end, contribute to improved safety for drivers and all road users.
Jessica Sandström, Head of Product Management at Volvo Trucks said:
“Volvo Trucks has a market-leading offer of electric trucks – and we are constantly improving them to enable more businesses to take the step to zero-emission vehicles for their daily operations. The upgraded Volvo FL and FE models are ideal work tools for businesses with sustainability high up on their agendas, offering a wide range of applications for their customers.”
The Volvo FL and FE, ready to take to the city, come with either electric or diesel powertrains and are loaded with new features, including:
- Slimmer exterior mirrors for a sleeker look and better visibility
- New LED interior lights and lockable storage space for an upgraded working environment
- Optional 360˚ bird’s-eye view or side-view camera for enhanced visibility
- High-tech key fob with user-friendly functions
- Electric version features a new power take-off interface for streamlined bodybuilding
- Safety system additions, including Vulnerable Road User Detection, Side Collision Avoidance Support, and Driver Alert Support
The order books are open, with deliveries set to land in the first half of 2024.