The Taycan Sport Turismo shares the sporty silhouette, rearward-sloping roofline and functional design of the Taycan Cross Turismo. In contrast to its sibling model, the Taycan Sport Turismo foregoes any off-road design elements. It is also available with rear-wheel drive.
The new model is aimed at people who want to combine the everyday usability of the Taycan Cross Turismo with the on-road dynamics of the Taycan sports saloon. As the first member of the Taycan Sport Turismo family, the GTS will be launched at the end of February 2022. Further models will follow just three weeks later in mid-March.
From spring, there will be five models to choose from:
- Taycan Sport Turismo with up to 300 kW (408 PS) and rear-wheel drive, optionally available with Performance Battery Plus and with up to 350 kW (476 PS). Prices from €86,495.
- Taycan 4S Sport Turismo with up to 390 kW (530 PS) and all-wheel drive, optionally available with Performance Battery Plus and with up to 420 kW (571 PS). Prices from €107,439.
- Taycan GTS Sport Turismo with up to 440 kW (598 PS) and all-wheel drive. Prices from €132,786.
- Taycan Turbo Sport Turismo with up to 500 kW (680 PS) and all-wheel drive. Prices from €153,968.
- Taycan Turbo S Sport Turismo with up to 560 kW (761 PS) and all-wheel drive. Prices from €187,288.
The Taycan Turbo S Sport Turismo is an impressive performer accelerating from 0-62mph (0-100kph) in just 2.8 seconds which is surely enough to convert even the biggest petrolhead to driving an electric car. The model with the greatest range is the Taycan 4S Sport Turismo, which offers up to 309 miles (498km).
Being part of the latest Taycan generation, the all-wheel-drive Sport Turismo models have a particularly efficient drive strategy. Thermal management and charging functions have also been improved. Both batteries can be charged from five to 80 percent in 22 minutes and 30 seconds. This also means that only five minutes’ charging is needed to create a further 62 miles (100 km) of range.
Kevin Giek, Porsche vice president of the Taycan model line, said: “The introduction of the Sport Turismo as the third body variant adds an athletic and practical all-rounder to our electric sports car model range.
“I am certain that the new variant will continue the Taycan success story. The balance and variety among the five Sport Turismo models is something that I find particularly appealing: the range features everything from an incredibly agile rear-wheel-drive car to the extremely powerful Turbo S.”